Popular posts from this blog
Movie Poster Prompt
My personal favorite movie poster is the cover of Adventures in Babysitting. The reason why I adore this poster is mainly because of the color and how it pops. It really grabs your attention where you cannot stop staring at it. The style of it is almost cartoonish which gives it character and you can tell this was made in the 90s, so you know it's good. The different facial expressions of each character gives you an idea of their personalities. Just seeing them on the side of a building makes you wonder just how crazy of an adventure they must have had to end up there. The font for the title was a really good choice, big and bold, just like the movie. The last thing I want to mention is the main character's scarf. There's something about it that captures my eye. I like how it's a rainbow, it works well with the coloring of this poster. I also love how it flows in the wind, it just looks so badass to me.
Movie Poster Critique
Sierra's movie poster, "Guards Gone", has a unique creepy vibe. I have to admit, the poster was made too dark and is hard to make out. Unless this was her intention in order to make the dress pop, giving the poster a ghostly feel. If you look up close, you can see the arms and a head in the dress, along with jewelry, but no legs. I would assume that on the cover of the poster is a ghost, hence the killer of the guards. The background reminds me of a dungeon that would be underneath the castle, where most guards are located. A dungeon can be a dark, dingy, eerie place with some insane prisoners. In the movies, long staircases are used to get to dungeons and characters take advantage of that time for lengthy dialogue. Since dungeons are so deep, it would be hard for anyone to hear someone calling for help when being murdered. The title threw me off at first, but after staring at it for awhile, I think the color choice is a good contrast with the dress. Sierra could have...

Comments
Post a Comment