Milton TED Talk (response)

I found this video both very interesting and inspiring. Milton talked about being asked to make a variety of paintings to celebrate the birth of Piero della Francesca. He also tried to make an art piece that explained what art is from his perspective. For both projects, he did not just make one, but many different versions or prototypes. All of them had a different viewpoint. For example, Piero della Francesca's profile picture was facing left in one depiction, and then right in another. I personally liked Milton's poster that explained what art is in his opinion when he wrote, "Art is Whatever Remains," more than his final product which highlighted the word hat in the word whatever. I thought it was creative how he pulled out pieces of the letters, just enough where you could still read, "Art is Whatever." He also used those pieces and put them at the bottom of the poster with the word remains. I believe this means that whatever is left and never changed again is your final product, the art. I can relate to this video since I also have to make sketches for projects I'm working on, that are all the same, but look totally different. I may not choose any of the sketches and come up with a new idea as I'm working, possibly something even better. Prototypes like these get the juices of creativity flowing and you can really end up with something amazing that you did not expect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Poster Prompt

Everyone is Altered (response)